Here we give information about CBSE NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria. Aspirants must read this article before filling the Application form and registration form.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017
It refers to the set of criteria for appearing CBSE NEET examination. A candidate wish to appear in NEET 2017 must fulfil this eligibility criteria which includes minimum age , examination passed by the candidate and subjects taken in qualifying examination. NEET UG 2017 Eligibility is designed by the exam conducting authority. 2017 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below –
1. Indian citizen is eligible to Apply for CBSE NEET 2017.
2. 17 years is the minimum age as on or before 31st December of the year of admission to apply.
3. 25 years is the upper age limit for General students as on 31st December of the year of the examination.
4. 5 years relaxation is entitled to the Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) /Other Backward Classes (OBC) category.
5. Applicants who belong to the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are not eligible for the 15% all India quota seats. Candidates of these states can appear in NEET only to get admission in AFMC, Pune.
6. Overseas citizens of India (OCI) are also eligible.
7. There is no upper limit to appear.
1. Appearing/Passed candidates of class 12th or equivalent exam are eligible to appear in the NEET UG.
2. Applicants have to appear or complete their 12th with PCB as a main subjects or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core subject for English.
3. Applicants have to obtain 50% marks in PCB taken together for General Category, 40% for SC/ST/OBC, 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH.
4. Students / Candidates who can appear or qualify three years degree course (BSc) from a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including as practical subjects they can also apply.
% of Marks Required for NEET 2017
- General candidate must have secured 50% marks in qualifying examination.
- SC/ST/ OBC candidate should scored 40% marks .
- PH category candidate should score 45% marks in qualifying examination.
Marks For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) For NEET 2017
Minimum marks for students educated in a overseas country seeking admission in medical colleges in India should pass in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English upto Class 12th with 50% marks and their equivalency determined as per the rules of MCI ( Medical Council of India) and the concerned university.
3. NEET 2017 Admit card – 1st week of April 2017
4. NEET 2017- 1st week of May 2017
5. Display of OMR sheet – 2nd week of May 2017
6. Answer key – 4th week of May 2017
7. NEET 2017 Result Declaration – 1st week of June 2017