NEET UG will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry. NEET 2018 exam will be held in 1st week of May. Here we give information about NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria. Aspirants must read this article before filling the NEET 2018 Application form and registration form.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The students wish to appear in NEET 2018 must fulfil this eligibility criteria which includes minimum age, examination passed by the candidate and subjects taken in qualifying examination. NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below –
- Indian citizen is eligible to Apply for CBSE NEET 2018.
- 17 years is the minimum age as on or before 31st December of the year of admission to apply.
- 25 years is the upper age limit for General students as on 31st December of the year of the examination.
- 5 years relaxation is entitled to the Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) /Other Backward Classes (OBC) category.
- Applicants who belong to the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are not eligible for the 15% all India quota seats. Candidates of these states can appear in NEET only to get admission in AFMC, Pune.
- Overseas citizens of India (OCI) are also eligible.
- There is no upper limit to appear.
The Age criteria for appearing in NEET (UG), 2018 is as follows:
For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) – born on or between 08.05.1993 and 01.01.2002
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC Category – born on or between 08.05.1988 and 01.01.2002
- Appearing/Passed candidates of class 12th or equivalent exam are eligible to appear in the NEET.
- Applicants have to appear or complete their 12th with PCB as a main subjects or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core subject for English.
- Applicants have to obtain 50% marks in PCB taken together for General Category, 40% for SC/ST/OBC, 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH.
- Students / Candidates who can appear or qualify three years’ degree course (BSc) from a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including as practical subjects they can also apply.
% of Marks Required for NEET 2018
- General candidate must have secured 50% marks in qualifying examination.
- SC/ST/ OBC candidate should score 40% marks.
- PH category candidate should score 45% marks in qualifying examination.
Marks For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) For NEET 2018
Minimum marks for students educated in a overseas country seeking admission in medical colleges in India should pass in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English upto Class 12th with 50% marks and their equivalency determined as per the rules of MCI ( Medical Council of India) and the concerned university.
NEET UG 2018 number of attempt
The number of attempts which an applicant can avail at NEET-UG exam shall be limited to 3 (three) uniformly to all the applicants. Appearance in NEET-2017 will be counted as 1st attempt.
NEET 2018 Important Dates
- Registration Opening – 2nd week of December 2017
- Closing Date of NEET Application Process – 2nd week of January 2018
- NEET 2018 Admit card Download – 1st week of April 2018
- NEET 2018 Exam – 1st week of May 2018
- Display of OMR sheet – 2nd week of May 2018
- Answer key – 4th week of May 2018
- NEET 2018 Result Declaration – 1st week of June 2018