Here we give the information about NEET 2018 Seat Reservation Criteria. Before fill the online application form you must be aware of NEET UG 2018 Seat Reservation. NEET is the national level examination for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the sole authority to conduct this examination. NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. NEET UG 2018 exam will be held in 06th May.
NEET UG 2018 Seat Reservation Information
NEET 2018 Seat reservation Criteria helps the candidate to have information about seat which will be reserved for backward classes like SC,ST OBC and other classes. On the basis of seat reservation policy result, rank and also admission will be made. So every student must know the seat reservation policy before to apply. NEET 2018 Seat reservation detail information is mentioned below –
(i) 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates,
(ii) 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates,
(iii) 27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC-NCL in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and those who do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as Unreserved (UR).
(iv) Differently abled candidates as per MCI guidelines are:
PH-1: Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 50% to 70%
PH-2: Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 40% to less than 50%.
3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates (only for locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 50% to 70%, provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the seats of respective category, as per Certificate of Locomotor Disability) in 15% All India UG quota seat. Detailed information in this regard is available on the website of Medical Counselling Committee – www.mcc.nic.in and on website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – www.mohfw.nic.in Candidates who considered themselves eligible for this category are advised to ensure their eligibility by getting themselves examined at any Government Medical College/District Hospital/Government Hospital. However, candidates may kindly note that in case of selection under PH category, they will be required to produce Disability Certificate from one of the disability assessment boards, constituted at the four metro cities, mentioned below, before their scheduled date of counselling:
- a) Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi-110029 (Tel No.011-26190763 & 26163072)
- b) All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai-400034 (Tel No.022-23544341)
- c) Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata-20
- d) Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai-600003 (Tel No.044-25305301)
(v) Reservation will be made as per 2200 point reservation roster. The mode of implementation of reservation will be available on DGHS website-www.mohfw.nic.in.
NEET 2018 Relevant Dates To Be Remembered
- Registration Starts – 08.02.2018 (Thursday)
- Closing Date of NEET Application – 09.03.2018 (Friday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)
- Schedule for successful payment of online fee 08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 10.03.2018 (Saturday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)
- Correction in Application Form 12.03.2018 (Monday) to 16.03.2018 (Friday)
- NEET 2018 Admit card – 2nd week week of April 2018
- NEET 2018 Test date- 6th May 2018
- Display of OMR sheet – 2nd week of May 2018
- Answer key – 4th week of May 2018
- NEET 2018 Result Declaration – 05.06.2018 (Tuesday)